Snapshots: Barrens Rebellion

*´¨ )
¸.·´¸·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.*Welcome to another All My Alts snapshots entry.

Siege of Orgrimmar is well underway after a full week of Patch 5.4 has since dropped. I didn't have a chance to post about the various updates All My Alts(see what I did there?) experienced but I did take a few pictures of my alts adventures.

Orgrimmar's Military Force:
Nazgrim is now a Korkron Overlord.
A full army of orcs patrol the gates.
Zaela the Orc Maiden returns from Twilight Highlands.
The changes Orgrimmar underwent and the overall cartoon villain personality given to Garrosh Hellscream tore a chunk out of my Horde pride. I understand that Garrosh has been setup to take a fall by the writers and developers. However was it truly necessary to use racism as a focal point of his entire campaign? I believe his descent to madness could have been written better. He had potential and it was as if Blizzard writers decided it took too much effort to develop him to fully.

Blood in the Snow Scenario:
It always 'bout da trolls mon.
Trolls this, trolls that, and trolls everywhere. I have a bit of a chip on the shoulder when it comes to how reliant Blizzard lore is upon the troll race. A little bit more on that one in a later entry. The above picture is the only snapshot I have taken of the Blood in the Snow scenario. My Horde characters were turned into humans for it and their looks were pretty ugly to look at for too long. What can I say about this scenario? I can't believe I had to go through it. Honestly I saw no reason to be forced to run this scenario to get to the Barrens quest-line. Worst was being paired with players that thought it would be fun to run straight into the giant group of dancing elite trolls. Talk about pain city!

Razor Hill, Senjin Village, and the Great Rebellion:
That poor ram is a trophy of war :<
Senjin Village under attack!
Leading the first battle in style.
It's a love triangle..wait...what? Just kidding!
When I think about the whole rebellion thing that was going on I can't help but wince at the amount of Alliance integration in the storyline. I know, I know. Blizzard has more than hinted that they are Horde fans and that the only reason the Alliance faction exists is to be a rival to the Horde. However, that does not excuse the bite-sized Alliance introduction to the rebellion via a simple fluxfire feline find and retrieve mission. I couldn't help but agree that Alliance players have not been given a fair share of the action. I play both sides. It would have been fun to see the story from both points of view.

Secrets of the Vale:

I am your Death god!
Digging for a relic at the Vale. A hint to more destruction?
On the Blizzard website you may or may not have read the Destination Pandaria story; The Blank Scroll or full link: (http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/lore/destination-pandaria/faction-stories/blank-scroll/1) It's about why Garrosh had the goblins digging a huge hole in the Vale. It's an enjoyable short story albeit with a cliche catch at the end. Instead of finding the relic written about in the story; a more sinister relic was found. It's a shame I had forgotten to take pictures of the Golden Vale before its destruction. I can only hope that the land can be redeemed at a later time in the story.

See you in the Siege of Orgrimmar.
Thanks for reading,
All My Alts.

Comments

Popular Posts