A Peek into the Past

Mists of Pandaria has finally arrived. The expansion ushers in pet battles(Pokemon), the panda race and monk class, new quests or scenarios, and so much more. At first I wasn't going to buy the expansion but my husband gave the old 'puppy dog eyes' trick. (*Sighs*) I fall for that every time. More on that on a later entry!

I happened to be dusting off the screenshots folder when I came upon two gems.

This is Pinkula(*headdesks at the name*) a rogue!
The first is of a pink-haired gnome girl. I'm pretty amazed that she is a rogue. In the many(so many...I feel old)years that I have played this game I have leveled only one rogue to max level. The old UI looks almost the same as the one today but it does have a few different features. Take a look at the mini map in the upper right corner. Do you see the symbol of a tiny sun? I had forgotten that we had actual daylight and night-time ingame!


Wendizet and Rulnik the imp
I remember the latency bar we had on the UI to show if we were in good latency which was 'green' or bad latency which was 'red'. Sometime later it would also reflect in the PC icon on the toolbar. In a way I miss it because it was easy to spot if we were lagging.

The picture above is of my first warlock, Wendizet. I'm sure it's apparent that I have a quirky method of choosing names. My husband and I had just discovered how to make macros. We used the macros for emoting out lines when we used our spells. Mostly it consisted of things such as; 'Burn in Hades' and 'I summon thee evil imp of doom'. I'll admit it, we were a very newbish pair.

Taking a quick look back on these two screenshots brings a bit of a smile. It's nice to be able to remember how some elements were and the zany adventures these gnomes had back in the day. The long trek by foot we often took from Coldridge valley to Teldressil comes to mind. It was wrought with multiple corpse runs, mobs of vicious orcs, and hungry crocolisks. On second thought, there are certain memories that don't need to be remembered!


Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts