Gold Guide: Starting from Scratch

World of Warcraft Gold Guide
Out of the blue(*and in between patches*), my husband decided it would be fun to roll alts on a new server.  Always willing to please,  I agree.  Seriously, I am a sucker for puppy-dog eyes.

World of Warcraft Gold Guide
The problem with new alts is not having an empire of max level characters with various professions to back your new character up.  Not to mention the lack of gold. Worst yet, the wonderful husband denied me from creating a Death Knight.

"It's all for fun," the husband smiles.

Me: /headdesk

What could I do but use my quest money to take up tailoring. Afterwards, I decided to start farming Northwatch Hold humans in the Barrens for linen. It was tedious but I farmed enough to make a small bag. What I tailored(white stuffs) I then vendored for more silver.

With about a gold in hand I then hit the NPC vendors to buy patterns and pets. A day later I had earned about six gold.  Whee!

World of Warcraft Gold Guide
Did I mention how slow sales were for the low level vendor patterns? I couldn't afford to re-list if I was undercut. The waiting was akin to pulling teeth out.  Still, I had managed to bring in a bit more gold which was better than nothing. If you're starting out from scratch make sure to set the auction times to 12 hours. This way you won't lose out too much on the initial auction house cut.
World of Warcraft Gold Guide
Fast forward a few days and I have earned to what amounts to 50G. The husband meanwhile has decided that it's more fun to play with his max level paladin on our old realm.

Me: /headdesk

Yet I am going to try to keep an eye on Katsumi. She's still a little green with only 50G to her name. I have to admit that my next step is figuring out how to turn that 50G into about 1000G. It's intriguing enough of a situation to keep trying to build up that gold into something more. In hindsight I should have farmed rares the moment I was able to as they drop greens that could be disenchanted or sold to collectors for their transmog.

The lesson learned is that even from 1 copper a person can make gold as long as you try.



Comments

Popular Posts