Snapshots: The Pest is Down

A less than stellar snapshot but all of us were too busy rejoicing in our first boss kill to stand properly in front of Magmaw for a portrait. The attempt was a 10-man on normal. The loot that dropped was Crown of Burning Waters and Symbiotic Worm.

My guildmates and I are pretty happy with this success even if it seems a tad late in regards to other progressive guilds. We are a pretty casual bunch. We get together on the weekends(if we can get enough on) and try our hands at raiding. Nothing hardcore since our main objective is to always have fun.

Unfortunately, we had some drama that was hampering the fun factor.
 
A pair of jerks
Two members were kicked because of a bad attitude. These two guys really believed that raids do not wipe more than once on a fight you are learning. Not to forget to mention their irritating attitude of 'I'm super elitist and better than you at everything!' The types of comments made by these guys really brought down raid morale. Once we gave them the boot did things begin to smooth over. What I find funny(not ha-ha funny but ironic funny) is that they are incapable of being accepted into an actual hardcore guild on my server due to their lack of skill and team player attitude.

Scapegoat
Another odd thing that was ongoing at the same time was the assumption that our main tank: a warrior was far too squishy to single-tank the worm. This was not the case but rather a two-fold problem. One half of it was that the two 'chain' DPS were not getting the chains down fast enough before Mangle dealt too much damage to the tank to be healed through. The second half was that the paladin healer was not sticking to her healing assignment: aka she was not helping to heal the MT.

This then made it seem like the MT was the sole problem which led to some inner rift between guild mates thinking the main tank(a warrior) was unsuitable and that the off-tank(a death knight) should be tanking instead. I'll go into detail later in another entry but the class imbalance revolving around current DK Blood tanks has inadvertently caused inner rift between our two tanks. You can imagine it already - 'The DK is so easy to heal! He can solo this boss, that's OP!" in contrast to "Squishy warrior... Why are you taking so much damage?!"

Despite it all, it was still a good weekend.

Comments

  1. Why thank you for coming to post a link to your directory. I also appreciate that you took the time to read the entry I wrote about as well. In case it flew over your head...that was sarcasm. =\

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grats on your Magmaw kill! From what I've read so far, you seem like a coherent and interesting blogger, so I'm going to keep an eye on your blog- when I figure out how.

    what I find amusing, is that I've just rolled a blood DK myself, because of the endless tanking possibilities, ubder self-heals? yes please. It's a shame that people are down on your MT, and for no good reason it sounds like. I hope that problem doesn't stick about too long.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Maethar, your comment made my day brighter. Thank you! Easiest way is to either connect via Goggle 'Follow' or add the website to your own feeder. Hopefully the new layout I uploaded will make things a bit easier to see these features.

    Oh boy, the MT vs OT problem is still persisting but with a twist. As my guild progresses along into harder content it seems the DK is turning out to be the squishy tank. Which reminds me.. I forgot to upload the second part to the DK article. o.O

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts