Off-topic: Hard drive Failure

The blue screen of death flashed before my eyes. A wave of shock brutally crashed into my senses. Months of data were all gone...in mere seconds.

Yep, it's gone.
More or less a week ago my hard drive took a critical hit from a mechanical error and wiped. Hard. Sooner or later, all hard drives crash. It was only a matter of when. I truly was hoping it wouldn't happen until I could afford an external hard drive to back up my data. Suffice to say that my degree of preparation was less than optimal.

Signs of Real Failure
The loss of most of the data wasn't as big a deal. What hit me the hardest was that I did have saved digital pictures of loved ones that are no longer in this world. My huge mistake of not immediately having the memories taken to a photo center to be published had me in heart wrenching tears.

Currently, I am looking at the annoying experience of setting up the PC again. As well as discovering the costly price of data recovery. If it can be recovered. Prices vary but seem to be related to how the data was lost in the first place. Lesson learned; back up your precious data. No matter what.

Either way, I do apologize for this off-topic post and for the lack of posts. All My Alts will be back in running shape very soon.

Thank you for your support!

Comments

Popular Posts