Burnt Out or Bored?

I've been hit with a startling revelation. I think I'm bored with World of Warcraft! Okay, ok. We all get bored from time to time. When that boredom hits we either switch our playstyle around or attempt something incredibly wild to ease the feeling. If you constantly PVP than attempt to RP/PVE. If you raid non-stop than go grind quests. If you're an AH goblin go forth and become an explorer. All of the achievements which were once fun to accomplish are now collecting pixel dust. Warcraft books and manga that use to entertain me for hours have been shelved to never be read again. As you can see I have tried quite a bit of these methods but it hasn't worked even a tiny bit.



Which brings me a great deal of trouble. I currently have three accounts and all of my toons are in jeopardy.

"Why dont you play us anymore,"  my druid questions.
"Don't you like us," my warrior asks pitifully.
"You didn't show up to Tuesday's raid," my holy paladin screams as she repeatedly bonks her mace on my head.

I can only gaze upon the character screen in solemn silence. What could I do? At this point I would certainly begin dabbling even more in other MMOs(cough)Scions of Fate/Sims(cough). Worried, I've asked my husband what he thinks about my situation.

He gave me this knowing smile and said, "You have pre-expansion blues."

Me: (*Head desks*)

Ugh, that sounded about right. In about three to five months the new Cataclysm expansion will be out. A new, shiny, EP that will rock all of Azeroth. An EP that will make all the hard work and tears that I've been shedding for my T10 to be utter crap. Seriously, the level 78 blues from Cata will make the epics in Wrath look like white gear. Okay that may be a bit excessive but I'm seriously being a drama queen here. Allow me to spazz on this for a few seconds, "Wahhh, it freaking ticks me off!" >.<

Yet I can't deny I'm excited for the wait time either. Which is the problem. I've hit the money cap on four bank alts. I have seen and defeated so much on my main Hordie. I am currently also in a casual guild(the one I posted about a few days ago) that is strangely enough also progressing.  I have raised several alts of different classes to level 60-80. I even caused chaos on Wyrmrest Accord as a DK called Cathydroll. She's deleted now but it was fun giving the RP purists hell by parking her on SW's church steps as a past-life priestess who gives Bible lessons to the orphans. Really the things they said to me... o.O;  And I even attempted to level up RAF toons on Malfurion to hang out with some nice friends that transferred there. Which didn't work out too well since we grew apart.. At any rate I am having a real hard time juggling both Horde and Alliance on two different servers. All in all that leaves me burnt out and just a little bored.

I won't quit though. After four and a half years of playing on this game. I think I can endure a little more of the pre-EP blues. At least until I can start all over again in Cataclysm and find my mojo, mon.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. I am sorry you are feeling burnt out. We all get that way from time to time. Throw in busy life and wow its hard to stay focused, especially with as many characters you have! It will pass though and the game will be exciting again. Like you said once Cataclysm hits there will be new stuff to explore and play with :) on both Horde and Alliance.

    I feel terrible you feel we grew apart :( I never ever wished for that to happen. I hope to catch you on again sometime. I miss you terribly! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks hun! I really appreciate it and I hope one day we can play together again. :D Luckily, it's as you said, the boredom passed through and it's a bit fun to play again. I found that zeal to complete Loremaster again so I'm trying hard to get it done before all the zones are remade. xD

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts