Gold Guide: Working the Glyph market

World of Warcraft Gold Guide
 A few weeks ago Blizzard decided to open up a PVP server as a new PVE realm which included free transfers. I took the chance to jump off my old server which was no longer the server it has once been. Immediately upon transfer I noticed that the economy was in chaos. It was as if the server really was brand-spanking new. Everything was priced over the top and in some cases; under-bottom. Of course the most noticeable aspect was the lack of glyphs. I immediately set upon fixing that situation even though my inscriptionist wasn't exactly ideal for the job as she had 11 missing glyphs. My task was to help set up a glyph market which was a complete first for me. I spent about an entire day from morning to the end of the night to prepare for my first venture into the glyph business. On my old server I dabbled a little into the world of glyph selling but the competition was already fierce with goblins undercutting each other every start of the hour and often times others would simply camp the AH 24/7. I made a very small profit there and decided to pursue a different niche. Over in the new server I actually had a chance of getting my foot in the door.

What started with a few of the popular glyphs being posted slowly began a cascade of demand for more glyphs that had me busy for most of the day. At the time there were very few herbalists whom posted their stacks so I was forced to go out to herbal by hand. Despite the lack of glyphs my inscriptionist was making a modest amount of gold. After a bit I had a stockpile of glyphs and was able to purchase extremely cheap glyph books of mastery. There after I began to truly rake in the gold in the amount of thousands. Shortly afterwards a showing of new inscriptionists began as they posted their glyphs. Finally after a few days of easy gold the competition decided to raise its ugly head. The undercutting and price-gouging began. Today I continue to struggle with three bank alts to keep the prices set at 38G a piece and keep my position as top glyph maker established. It's not an easy feat with newbie inscriptionists discovering new glyphs and posting them for 50s or less. For some reason they seem to believe that glyphs costs the amount of paper plus a little bonus added. Yep I really want to bop them on the head for those kinds of thoughts. >.<

However I must be doing something right as all my glyph alts are stalked, randomly given hate mails, as well as odd whispers such as this:

World of Warcraft Gold Guide

At the time of the picture I was AFK making dinner and this person had sent me wall texts alike this one on different alts of his own. The problem with his 'victim' role is that I know better to believe his lies. First of all he posts up to 10 glyphs of each kind at absolutely idiotic prices ranging from 45s to 5G for glyphs that can easily sell for 25G upwards. He also stalks my main glyph seller and as soon as she logs off he then logs on to undercut. From my guess I suspect he has more than earned his flying money(as if I can stop anyone from buying glyphs?) yet turned nasty as he has been bitten by the greed bug. If he just sat back to list his glyphs at a modest price he would earn at least four hundred gold easy without causing himself a heart attack. It's not like I camp the AH to constantly cancel my auctions. I make a glyph then post it and occasionally come back within a few hours to list a glyph again if it was undercut. That's all I do and yet he and several others go through so much to cutthroat one another for a small profit. The lesson here is as simple as the story of the turtle and bunny; fast isn't always best.


Comments

Popular Posts