Elune's Blessing Event with Omen

Elune's Blessing Event

Every now and something wonderful occurs inside the game that brings to light just how awesome World of Warcraft can truly be. On Tuesday, February 23rd I earned Elune's Blessing. An achievement needed to complete the title for 'Elder'. My husband and I had completed a few of the remaining sub-achievements earlier that day. The only one left for our title was to down the two-headed canine known as, Omen. Unfortunately it was pretty late at night. No one from our guild was on at the time. No one from trade chat wanted to assist. In an act known only as 'It was Lightbeard's idea' my husband and I decided to take on Omen as a duo.

Elune's Blessing Event

Omen, (as depicted above) is a ferocious beast that is summoned in Moonglade. Armed with an Elune's candle and a boatload of fireworks we proceeded to awaken the mighty monster! After ten minutes of engaging Omen and getting him down to 95% we realized that we were absolutely crazy. Strangely enough the Elune's candle was being helpful. Lightbeard urged me to swim to the vendor to purchase another. Now here's why I had to go - he's a protection paladin and I'm the resto druid. Of course it was natural for me to pop seal(Otherwise known as WTF AM I) form and make the journey. All the while I'm swimming across the lake I am looking at his HP drop and drop... As a healer this makes me twitchy. I can't stand seeing HP drop! The urge to heal was great but I kept on going. Luckily Lightbeard was a paladin so he used Lay on Hands for wriggle room. Sadly another five minutes pass by and my candle is used up. Omen is now at 90%!

This was when the 'awesome' happened. A Blood Elf DK soon appeared. At first we thought, "Well great. Now he's going to flag and try to screw us up." Shameful of us to think but we watched it happen to others before. Except the DK decided to pop Army of the Dead and sent it over to Omen. After a bit a Blood Elf Hunter, and a Rogue arrived. They too began to help. So here was the five of us - two Alliance, and three Horde smacking on Omen. The Horde couldn't stay and DPS for too long because they had no one to heal them. So they would wail on Omen and when their health was down to 30% they would step out to let their HP regen back up again. We kept going for another 30 minutes until at last the big bad puppy went down.

Elune's Blessing Event
And so thanks to those three we not only got the Elune's blessing quest completed but also our title. When our own faction would not aid us there was three super sauce Hordies that went out of their way to help. At the end as we all rode up to the quest givers to complete our quests. Instead of us all leaving we cheered at one another and we congratulated our victory through emotes. We then fired off fireworks and had a small dance party. Two Alliance and three Horde, just hanging out together.

Now that's the sort of things that makes this game fun.


Comments

Popular Posts