WoW’s Snapchat Ad: UI Customization for the Win?



 Hey, fellow gamers! Have you seen the latest Snapchat ad from World of Warcraft? It's a bit of a surprise, to be honest. They are trying to lure back old players by showing off how customizable the UI is now. You know, the user interface that lets you move around your action bars, chat windows, minimap, and so on.

A World of Warcraft Snapchat Ad 

Apparently, they have some kind of algorithm that matches your email address with your Snapchat account, and then sends you this ad if you haven't played WoW in a while. I guess they think that UI customization is a big deal for veteran players who left the game for some reason.



But is it really? I mean, don't get me wrong, I love a good UI. I spent hours tweaking my addons and macros to get the perfect setup for my characters. But that was never the main reason I played WoW. I played it for the epic quests, the challenging dungeons, the thrilling raids, the social interactions, and the immersive world.

And let's be honest, the default UI was never that great. It was clunky, limited, and outdated. That's why most players used addons to enhance it. Addons like Bartender, ElvUI, WeakAuras, and many more. They gave us more options, more functionality, and more aesthetics.

A muscular green orc with tribal embellishments is walking the big city
Big Orc in the City - Commissioned Artwork by JyL Creations

So why is Blizzard marketing their UI improvements as a selling point? Do they think we are that shallow? Do they think we don't care about the actual content of the game? Do they think we will come back just because we can move our health bars around?

I don't know about you, but I find this ad pretty insulting. It shows how out of touch Blizzard is with their player base. It shows how they don't understand what makes WoW fun and engaging. It shows how they are desperate to get us back without addressing the real issues that made us leave.

What do you think? Have you seen this ad? Did it make you want to resubscribe to WoW? Or did it make you roll your eyes and swipe away? Let me know in the comments below!

Amazon Disclosure

All My Alts is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. Please note that your Amazon purchases are at no extra cost to yourself! Thank you!

Comments

Popular Posts