Entry 1: Bronze Bruiser Challenge

While waiting for any news of the Mists expansion to creep up I've been finding myself drifting away from World of Warcraft. The guilds I have been peeking into each week have all either taken a short vacation from anything in-game or have allowed the pre-expansion blues to hit them hard. The Darrowmere crew in particular have all but given into a serious bout of boredom. I'll talk about the drama that ensued because of it on a later entry.

My husband, also bored with the game, decided to try the 'Iron man' challenge. Basically, an interesting way to play the game with all sorts of restrictions applied to a player's gameplay. No heirlooms, no guild, no partying, no greens or whites..the list goes on. A hardcore style to add some flair to leveling a character. My hat goes off to the players that attempt and succeed with it. Unfortunately, not all of us are that adventurous nor patient with that many rules imposed on our character. I admit it, I'm a softie!


Instead, my hubby decided to make a more casual version of that challenge and named it the 'Bronze Bruiser' challenge. Slightly less strict but still with a good amount of restrictions imposed to make the activity interesting. I decided to try it. If nothing else it could help to ease the boredom while awaiting the upcoming new patch in two weeks. At the same time I would be scoring brownie points with my loved one. The things you do for love!

Anyways, I started off with a troll warlock. I've never successfully leveled one beyond Level 70 nor have I ever made a troll character in the nearly eight years(I feel nerdish saying that I really do) I've been playing this game. Somehow, I want to make it work but I have a feeling that the odds are stacked against me.

Mostly because I was not even a few minutes into level 3 and I nearly died due to a silly mistake. One of the rules is that if your character dies you have to delete it and re-make another because the challenge is to make it to 85 without dying. Talk about intense leveling! As my troll girl, Dalaga, attempted to talk to a quest giver, I accidently double-clicked on one of the two raptors the NPC was standing in front of at the time. This enraged the second raptor and Dalaga found two angry dinosaurs chomping down on her face. She barely ended the fight with 10 health to her name.


Somehow I managed to get Dalaga to level 5 without too much trouble. There is a part in the starter area where your character must challenge a Naga opponent. That fish guy hit my clothie(who only had a quest reward vest to her name) like a truck. Luckily my imp managed to do the most damage which got the Naga focused on him and not Dalaga. After a bit of going through the starter area she graduated to the next area in Sen'jin village.

Another close call. I was trying especially to be careful and make Dalaga stay clear away from un-necessary mobs. Didn't work out too well. Somehow two Clattering scorpions sauntered up to my lock and said 'HELLO!' with a cleave that sundered armor by 50. Dalaga had two sunders and no armor in less then three seconds. She promptly was steered away from the scoprions for a strategic retreat. Her imp, once again, kept the mobs busy. Hopefully the little thing died without any regrets. Dalaga certainly had none in ditching him!

At the moment I'm having trouble with finding any type of gear. Even whites. So far the quest mobs aren't dropping anything and the quest givers are handing her leather and mail. Go figure, I should have rolled a druid at least. I did pick up a tailoring profession since the Bronze Bruiser Challenge allows for one gathering/production(no enchanting allowed) profession. Gear won't be my only issue if I don't find a way to get some bags!

Still, for a first try I am not doing that bad. It's keeping me somewhat amused. Poor Dalaga has a long way to go and with trouble coming in pairs she will need a ton of luck. At the moment she is currently stationed at Razor Hill.

Let's see if she can manage to survive that quest hub.



End of Entry 1: Bronze Bruiser Challenge
Here's hoping there will be a second!

Comments

Popular Posts