A Look into the Past



Happy New Years!

2011. How I will not miss you in terms of gaming in WoW. The previous year was full of ups and downs. Mostly downs in regards to the World of Warcraft game. Why is this you wonder(Or perhaps not but I'll tell you at any rate). One singular word; Cataclysm. The expansion lacked greatly. Whether this is due to a pushed(Go-go-go!) release date by marketing or a simple lapse of sensible judgement by the developers is something we will never likely know for certain.

The fact remains that Blizzard did not deliver the ball of fun we all were hoping to have in our hands. Mind you, this isn't to say that it would never ever happen. I understand how volatile the business side of gaming can be. Blizzard created a base standard of ultimate fun which was not in sync with the lastest expansion. It is a tough task to beat remarkable success afterall! Regardless, the majority of the Cataclysm EP left a sour taste in a lot of our mouths.

Fortunately it seems Blizzard had realized the errors of their ways. The Hour of Twilight patch is chock full of wonderous surprises. A series of events and dungeons/raids that excite the senses into believing we are once again a part of the game. Will this trend of win continue into 2012? We can only hope. Believe.

As I send my army of alts into Hour of Twilight heroics, the Dragonsoul raids, and the new Darkmoon Faire I can't help but once again see a bright future. I look forward to this new year as I play to erase the cataclysmic past. Hello and welcome 2012!

Thank you so much for your support dear readers. I wish you all the best in this new year and onward.

-Masaya

Comments

Popular Posts