Snapshots: Relaxing before the Sundering

WoW life(Okay it's really just pixel life?) has been hectic since Patch 4.01 has descended upon the realms. From having to relearn classes from bottom up to cursing at Blizzard headquarters because of all the bugs. I can't seem to find my footing in all of it. Personally I have three accounts with a good handful of alts on each. This patch has not been kind to my sanity. Seemingly my alt-o-holism(as I call it) has come to a grinding halt!  I feel this patch has forced me to play only on my main whom I still have no clue if I am playing her correctly. My guildies however have assured me that my resto-druid is being played just fine. Doesn't help me a bit as I feel lost in all this chaos. Plus I am still mourning the loss of my druid's leafyness which has been reduced to a three minute timer. Yaaay! <-- (sarcasm)

 Now I say 'seemingly' have stopped playing my alts because I haven't exactly stopped per se. More like, I've taken to roleplaying them a bit more than doing actual gameplay. The picture above is of my character Tiamat, and the strapping young male is Drax, whom is played by my husband. No, we are not erping! Although that happens from time to time but not in this case. By the way it's hard to find a 'house' that isnt already occupied by a guild or another couple on actual RP realms. It's nice then that on a PVE realm you can waltz into almost any building and have it all to yourself. Sometimes we do get the occasional sicko that actually gets a kick out of peeping in at what we're doing even though all of our RP is done via whisper. Yep, we think that type of person is missing a few screws upstairs too.

Another couple but this time Horde-side! Kull the hunter and Miria the paladin. He's taken her under his wing and is showing her the ropes so to speak. And of course the size disparity is thanks to an elixir of giant growth. The silly things you can do with that elixir coupled with a winterfall potion is wild fun! Just don't get on a mammoth and hover over a mailbox. Players get really, really, ticked off if you do that for too long. One of my guildies told me that after reporting such a scenario that a GM plucked that obnoxioius player right off the mailbox and sent them across the map to drop them extremely high up in the air. Said player went splat!  That GM was my hero btw! Anyways as you can tell from the armor it's been a very long time since we've played on those alts. We didn't mind at all. At times a person just wants to escape from their main toon(more like escape from the chaos of the new patch)and relax on an old realm where no one knows you. Let me tell you that it feels nice and relaxing!

Yet that relaxing time has to eventually come to an end for me because there is still content to conquer for my main toon's guild. Arthas is still sitting pretty on his heroic throne. He looks down upon us with a cocky smirk for he knows that we are just his play things to ease his boredom. The trouble with a new patch is that everyone has to relearn their class. It's stalled us a bit. We also have to contend with the holidays and Blizzcon vying for the attention of our guildies. Time is short. Yet I believe we can down him before the month is over. Send me lots of good luck we are going to need it!

Comments

Popular Posts