Gold Guide: Dealing with a Glyph Wall

World of Warcraft Gold Guide

I took a small break from posting glyphs a while back due to a single person posting all glyphs at 5 gold a piece. What this did was force people to either post under his price or attempt to find areas where he was sold out and then post a glyph at their full price. At the same time all of the farmers had mysteriously vanished leaving the AH dry of herbs to buy and mill. Pretty much the glyph market crashed for a few weeks. The only people making a profit was the 5G glyph maker and anyone who decided to post underneath him. Which is to say there wasn't much profit at all.

I wasn't about to lose out on that much and waste my time with that crap as the profit wasn't good enough. So I decided to refrain from posting glyphs for a few weeks and went about making gold via selling armor vellums/fortitude scrolls/snowfall inks. Inscription isn't the only niche I make gold in but it did bring in quite a bit.

Fast forward to sometime in the present: The person posting his glyphs at 5G a piece was still doing so at his leisure. I have no clue what happened to the other glyph makers zeal to make money but they simply continued posting underneath him. Gah!

About two weeks ago I decided that enough was enough.

I made a plan to teach this person a lesson in goblin money making tactics 101.  Nothing too complex and rather simple to be honest. Basically I made a list of all the cookie cutter glyphs for all classes and bought out all the 5G and under glyphs that were on that list. I then reposted them for over 35G a piece. I posted four of each glyph with a time set on QA for 24 hours. I had enough of a stock that if I was undercut I could simply log in and repost four more. By the end of the first day I had made 2700G(Not counting the ones that were barely bought and not mailed yet) and I had only invested 250G total.  Not bad for 15 minutes of work. This also freed up my inks of the sea to be made for Armor Vellum IIIs which also brought in quite a large amount. The following day I did the same and the amount of money came out to 4500G for the glyphs alone. At the end of the first week the person posting his glyphs at 5G a piece was sold out of stock. Win!

I'm still not sure why no one else has done this before me. Seems pretty straight forward but with this tactic both sides win..It's not like he isn't making the same amount of money each week and at the same time I am making a huge freaking profit of him. Speaking of baffled..why didn't I do this earlier? I guess because I was hoping for someone else to do it. I'm a pretty casual AHer nowadays and figured one of the bigger goblins would beat me to the punch. I guess they were thinking the same of me.

I'll post up the cookie cutter glyph list in a second post in the off chance someone can profit off of it as much as I have. Thanks for reading!

Comments

Popular Posts