It's a New Year - 2010

Happy New Year! 

Time for the resolutions list. No, not the personal one that you make and never accomplish. The 'I'm going to pwn WoW" goal list that you love to create!

1.) Loremaster title: I am about a two hundred quests away on two seperate Alliance/Horde toons. It's time to buckle down and get that achievement done.

2.) Buy all heirloom items both PVE and PVP. I'm amassing quite a collection as it is and should go all the way to complete the alt-o-holic sets.

3.) Level up all my 60's to 80's before Cataclysm arrives. Now this feat is a bit hard to do as I have six alts that have been sitting at sixty since Burning Crusade.

4.)  Hit 35K on all three of my bank alts. This one isn't much of a goal as one of them has been sitting at 20K for half the year and the others are just as close. Might as well list an easy goal though!

5.) Find a new guild. It's no secret that Continuum is no more. What we had was special but it's high time I found a new home for both myself and hubby.

Goals accomplished in 2009

1.) Masaya: I can sincerely say that I accomplished a sense of satisfaction with my resto-druid. In Burning Crusade she was labeled as a useless healer by the guild I had been in at the time. She was never allowed to heal(such was the stigma of druids back then) and was always brought in to simply dps as a last ditch effort replacement. Masaya in the last year far surpassed all of my expectations both as a character in earning a variety of hard achievements but also became a top notch healer. Even though she was not my main this druid lady became a fast favorite.

2.) The Four Healer Team: What can I say? I had a goal from the onset of Wrath and that was to raise up all healer classes to endgame. Easier said than done. I struggled for quite a bit on two of the healer classes as they were seen as DPS rather than Heals. Fortunately I was able to push through the barrier of doubt and show to all that those two were meant to be the healers. In Decemeber I finally accomplished this lofty goal as I brought up my priestess to level 80. I'm often asked if I have a preference for a type of healer. My answer is always a resounding "Nope!" When you love to heal..there is no difference. FallingSnow(Paladin), Masaya(Druid), Ariella(Priestess), and Luzbella(Shaman) are all beautiful machines of healing prowess. I wouldn't have it any other way.

3.) Casual Raiding Guild: Continuum was special. It will always hold a special place in my heart. A guild that started up with an invitation via whisper by Kalodon. Why were we invited? Simply because druids rule(and the pally is ok) was the chuckling answer given. I took a quick liking to Kal and quickly found myself enjoying the game more as I got to know the other members. At first there was a rocky start as the moment we were thrown into Violet Hold at fresh eighty. The hubby tanked and I healed the instance. Well...we attempted to should we say. The heroic turned out to be buggy as hell. It left quite an impression of 'You Suck' in everyones minds. We quietly took to keeping to ourselves. It wasn't pleasant and as time passed we noticed that we were being excluded from heroic invites and conversations. But we kept on and watched as more members were being introduced. Some left, some stayed, and we eventually all became friends. The parades into Naxx and all the head-smacking times of mistakes committed and eventual successes in Ulduar; they all hold a unique memory. We laughed, we cried, and at the end we screamed and said regrettable words but not once did I ever regret joining Continuum. Not once.

4.) Tarrick the DK: He was labeled as a flavour of the month. He was constantly laughed and chided at for existing. He was kicked out of the original heroics for having 2500 DPS. At that time 2K was above the normal DPS which was about 1800.  He was often replaced for other classes in greens(simply because he was a DK) during raids. And he was constantly never given a chance all due to being the new Hero Class. I worked so freaking hard on this guy for the last year. I have never played a DPS class and when DKs first became available I was alongside the first in line to create and level up one. The lore behind this class was intriguing and the motives of their existance truly enchanted me. But with this new class came a huge assumption. Quite literally it still exists today and that is; if you play a DK then you fail.

This constant hate toward DKs robbed Tarrick of many opportunities. I gemmed, enchanted, min-maxed, researched and literally drove rotations into my skull in order to be the best. There is very little I like to boast about but Tarrick is my unique snowflake. I worked my ass off for this guy to be considered viable. And yet he was brushed away in favour of anything else. Sometimes I even cringed at seeing other DKs in worse gear and DPS capabilities being given opportunities that he wasn't. They performed so badly but were still accepted.  I honestly almost gave him up. It wasn't until the introduction of the random LFG tool that I was able to work his way into higher gear. He still has a way to go but he deals 5K+ to bosses and 4K to trash mobs in a mixture of 219-232 gear all via heroics. Tarrick is finally being recognized as something other than a 'lol u a DK'. He's been invited to three top end guilds and I have to say it feels really nice to be guaranteed a DPS main spot. I may take one of the offers and get him into ICC but the fact remains...he's quite an accomplishment of the year.

Thanks for reading!

Comments

  1. Wow, you have some intense resolutions! You are seriously close to the Loremaster title, You go girl! I would like to join you in the level all my 60 toons to 80 before Cataclysm, but I don't see it happening. Your goal post about Continuum brought back fond memories and tears. We did have something good, and You and Lightbeard helped so much in that. We made some good friends in there. My only regret with that was how it all came to an end. I am glad your DK is finally getting his place. Hope you get to see ICC with him soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (huggles) Thankies for commenting sweetie! I'm still trying for that loremaster title. It's not easy though. I feel bad when I'm in mid-twenty zones as a L80. Makes me think I'm a thief stealing all the lowbie mobs. ^.~

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts