Snapshots: Unexpected Surprises

Ever have an unexpected surprise appear? My guild did. The lesser elemental bosses of Throne of Four Winds went down without a hitch last Friday. I'm thinking back to how it all happened and still cannot guess at how it all managed to click together. The entire attempt was chaotic to say the least with people not seperating for the nature boss's adds and others being knocked off the platforms between transitions. I believe one of the healers was also knocked off a platform with no thanks to a pesky hurricane.

Some surprises aren't as pleasant. My pet banker was met with a rather creepy whisper. I thought this kind of trollish behavior went out of style years ago. Unless the guy/girl was for real, and in that case, what a perve!

My friend and I got a run through Razorfen Kraul by a higher level guildie in our alt guild. He was messing around and scampered to the top of the cauldron in one of the areas. He promptly discovered that the invisible wall that once prevcnted a toon from falling into the pot of doom was currently removed.

In Deepholme there is a rare spawn dragon named Aeonaxx that sometimes wanders around the top near the Stonecore instance entrance. I was zoning into the area to do my Therazane dailies when my rare spawn tracker sounded off. After a plethora of 'Omg, I hope this happens!' being chanted over and over again. I managed to down the dragon and gain an epic mount. Seriously, some people have been camping this thing for days straight only for me to get it on dumb luck. Blizzard loved me that day.

On the note of 'blizzard loving me'? Five minutes later my tracker went off again. This time it was Jadefang, a shale spider found in the caves of the Crumbling Depths. It drops a BOP pet version of itself. There's a trick to getting this guy and it usually involves either rocket boots malfunctioning or having the quest item from Underground Economy on hand. My druid is my pet collector and she had neither. I found out that if a Night Elf dies near the mouth of the cave where the spawn is at - you can wisp form your way up to him. I did that and got a very rare pet as a reward!

Comments

Popular Posts