Entry 2: Bronze Bruiser Challenge

Way back in August while waiting for any news of the Mists expansion to creep up I found myself bored with the game. My husband was also bored and decided to make a more casual version of the Iron man challenge and named it the 'Bronze Bruiser' challenge. Slightly less strict but still with a good amount of restrictions imposed to make the activity interesting.

I then began the process of creating a character and blogging about the journey here.

Talika, Troll, Affliction Warlock
Talika, a Troll Affliction warlock, made it to level 32 before the Mists of Pandaria expansion came out. At that moment in time I was no longer bored and saw no point in continuing the challenge when there were new things to explore.

I had a ton of fun and learned a great deal while participating in this challenge. One of the biggest problems with starting fresh without any guild affiliation is the lack of resources at one's disposal. Gear, gold, and keeping up my tailoring profession was an absolute nightmare.

Sure some quests offer gear rewards but even a toon without heirlooms(or guild perks) levels way to fast to really make use of them. Don't get me started on keeping up a profession alike tailoring. The way Blizzard designed the profession progression is confusing. Gear that you can craft at lower levels does not flow properly with the leveling zones.

For example, Talika was about level 15 when I realized she had no decent boots. The ones I could craft were for level 8(no stats) but there were woolen boots available at a higher skill level for level 14 with stats. No problem! Except, that wool is only dropped by about L18+ mobs in zones she wasn't able to travel to without dying horribly. At the time she was still in whites with a few greens that she was able to craft herself. Which meant that unless I wanted to purposely risk re-rolling her then I would have to grind out the linen skill-ups. Ugh!

Still, I don't regret taking up this challenge one bit. If ever there comes a time when I am bored with the game I can see myself picking Talika back up again and continuing forward. Until then, she is retired. Therefore I made a little slideshow(Nothing fancy mind you - I'm horrid at making movies. ) to say 'farewell' to my little troll girl.  Until we meet again...

The farewell slideshow:


A short slide show to bid farewell to my Bronze Bruiser Challenger
Character: Talika
Server: Wyrmrest Accord-H
-----------------------
The Bronze Bruiser Challenge
Created by Zapwidget
http://enchantyercrap.wordpress.com/2012/08/17/the-bronze-bruiser-challenge/
-----------------------
World of Warcraft is © Blizzard Entertainment. All characters, images and intellectual property belong to Blizzard Entertainment.
-----------------------
Music Copyright Credits
-----------------------
Song: A Witch On A Diet
From: Granado Espada OST Vol 1
Artist: SoundTeMp

Thanks for viewing!

Comments

Popular Posts