Guild Ox: Officially a Fangirl

Honestly, I should have posted this the second I had found out about it. I can only blame a leftover feeling of surprise over it all.

Last month, around the 13th of May to be exact, I logged into my email box. There was the usual mails from e-friends/guild mates but one in particular caught my eye. It was a small letter from Polar of the Guild Ox website. In the body it stated I had won their Guild Recruitment competition and needed to respond within a set amount of days to claim the prize. My thinking was...'oh a spam' letter. You see, not even a few days earlier I had e-mailed their website to update my guild information and recruitment. I had figured it was a bot of some sort picking up on that last mail. I'll admit it. My train of thought isn't the most rational. (*Shakes fist*) I blame a healthy upbringing in the mid-nineties.

Fast forward a bit and on May 15th I checked into my email again. I was expecting a few e-birthday cards from family and friends. Instead, I found a second letter from the Guild Ox website. Feeling a bit adventerous I decided to respond. What was there to lose? If it was a hoax then that spambot had my e-mail already. If not...well, I really didn't think it was real so I didn't ponder the 'if not' portion too much.

Joy of joy, was I ever wrong!

In my e-mail I had jokingly responded that if the competition was real it would be an awesome birthday present. Polar, kindly e-mailed me back confirming the contest(and a happy birthday greeting too!) with details on how to claim the prize; A Landro's Lil XT!


The GuildOx Giveaway Continues
In game I happily claimed my awesome pet at Booty Bay and then took a screencap to show my appreciation. I sent it to Polar with a letter of 'thank you'! He then responded he would put it in the news section. My feeling of joy sky-rocketed. I felt like a star! The people behind the scenes of Guild Ox go beyond and above. I can only admire them from afar and feel super grateful for their kindness. The World of Warcraft community certainly benefits from players as awesome as they are.

The screencap I submitted that Polar put up at: http://www.guildox.com/go/g.asp?w=N&ID=709

 Thank you again for making this girl's birthday one of the best ever. I'm officially a fangirl! <3

Comments

Popular Posts