LOL Gearscore in Heroics

Back in the day when heroics first came out it was expected for DPS to come in ilevel 187 blues and to perform at the very least 1800 dps. The reasoning behind running a heroic was to gain ilevel 200 epics to gear up for the Naxxramas raid. Fast forward to today and we have lazy asses simply wanting to blow through heroics for the daily frost badge. What gets to me is that these people seem to forget that they did not come outfitted from day one in T9 or better. Even worse is that someone actually broke out gearscore for a heroic in order to make a lame comment as this one:


The "Brewmaster" of course was myself dressed in ilevel 200 epics and capable of performing 2500 dps. However because my gearscore was not alike theirs which was at 4200+ I was put into a 'do what you can' scenario. Almost as if they believed I was going to be carried by them. Really, that type of mindset where epeens can grow or shrivel in thanks to a idiotic addon just boggle my head. I can understand wanting to use that addon for raids but for a heroic? Give me a fucking break. So to those that think running ilevel 187 heroics in T9 makes you awesome sauce I have some bad news for you. Get.a.Clue. It's uber lame that you have to be so overgeared in order to succeed at something my friends and I use to do in blues back when the heroics weren't nerfed to hell and back. Breaking out gearscore in a heroic does not mean you are cool it simply makes you one helluva sad player.

Comments

  1. LOL! You know as well as I do that gear and capability are two totally different things. Just because you are uber geared does not mean you are good. I have played with man, as I am sure you have also, who are geared to the max but are just terrible at everything they do. Then there are those, and I know you are one, who are not in the best gear but can rock everything whether it be heals or dps. Unfortunately now that its so easy to get gear we have TONS of players who don't have skill.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well said! I absolutely agree that gear does not equal skill. The Gearscore addon has its uses in raids but it doesn't tell you a single thing about what the player can accomplish. As for great players well I definitely see you as one of the best! And for sure, the new system is a little too easy and it's cultivated a new kind of fail. When CATA comes around those types of players will have their arms full. Lots of CC and careful strat supposedly will be in effect in heroics/raids.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts