The GM that Cannot

 

Our little guild is slowly but steadily falling apart.

This first began a few months ago with the departure of two members. One of which was our raid leader and the other was our offtank. Both were best friends in real life so it wasn't a surprise that when one left the other simply followed. The parting words that was left for us was this: "Scrubs." Now I'll be the first to admit that our core raid consisted of several new players. Only a small handful of us had any actual experience with the raiding scene. And of course we have an equal amount of baddies that would never learn from mistakes such as leaping out of fires, avoiding whirlwinds,  or learning how to not pull as if they were tanks. Okay, now that I think about it? A few of the core members are and will always be Scrub McScrubbins.  o.O

Still that's getting a long way from what I am blogging about today. Pretty much the inevitable departure of those two members started a domino effect of guild quitting that continues to affect the remaining guild members. We no longer have a core raid group. Hell, we don't even have enough to do 5-man heroics!

A person would then think...start recruiting! Well, we have and we do. Trade, website, forums, blogs, and Ygroups are attacked frequently with guild ads. But there is only so much we can do on our own. We had hoped that the Guild leader would step up to the plate. Afterall, he had made the announcement that all recruiting and social events would be back in his hands. Hearing that announcement from our GL made us decide to stop recruiting as actively. He had recruiting methods different from ours so we didn't want to clash.

The problem is...to this day there has been nothing done. All he ever speaks about is joining another guild in the hopes of doing 25-mans. It's as if all the hard work we the members have put in was for nothing. Not only that but he has an adversion to grouping with the remaining members. If it isn't a heroic he wants to do or an instance that is 'top end' then he is nowhere to be found. That kind of thing finally took its toll on my lover and myself. About a week ago I snapped and I just decided to avoid the guild altogether. My lover didn't mind it as he felt extremely frustrated with how everything has been going as well. He suggested we go back to our Horde roots as we had completely ignored our original mains for the pursuit of raiding progression on Alliance side. O.O;

Hell if that wasn't a huge mistake on our parts. Don't get me wrong. I love a lot of the members in the guild. We have even become great friends with a select few. The more time passes the more I want to give into the little goblin on my shoulder that whispers to me: "Invite those friends to join you. Do it. DO EET!" The temptation to do so is there to be honest. I just haven't entirely given up on this Alliance guild. But a part of me knows that it'll just end on its own. With no one giving a damn to do a single thing anymore(The GM even more than anyone) there is no point on wasting so much energy on keeping it together. Even though in my heart of hearts..I really wish someone aside from myself would.

Comments

Popular Posts